Wednesday, December 04, 2013

paper garlands are classic- christmas mantle 2013


I really can't quite believe it's Christmas time again. It seems like we just took down the tree from last year like 3 months ago.

This year I am inspired by the amazing and intricate work of various paper cut artist.


I hand cut the village and trees. I ended up buying the sleigh and reindeer because, well, I saw them and it saved me some time. I also bought the snow flakes.  Everything including the black and red paper used to create the silhouette and garlands is available at Paper Source, a.k.a. One of the Happiest Places on Earth.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You really are over the top creative, April! I love your mantel --

chelle said...

That is a spectacular mantel. I especially love the smoke and banners - such beautiful details!

Anonymous said...

Love this! The paper village would look great on a window sill. Is there a printable template somewhere?

Anonymous said...

I love the paper village! Would you do one to sell?

Sue McIsaac said...

Just found your blog. Love this holiday fireplace scene you created! Amazing!