Monday, May 21, 2012

a modern vintage tea party birthday



It was a tea party as sophisticated as a tea party for toddlers can be.


She is three. Already. What happened? Where did my baby girl go?


We decided to forgo a birthday cake in lieu of petit fours.  


And lots of other goodies.

Of course.



The guests were as sweet as the cake.




Each little girl received an apron made from a hankie with treats in the pocket.



Daddy lit the candle.


Frankie "helped" blow it out.


Yummy gooey cakes! 



Happy Birthday to my sweet girl. 

10 comments:

Laurie said...

oh my goodness April!! that's a dream come true little girl birthday party, I want one for me! Amelie and Frankie are gorgeous beyond words, and they both have such amazing big blue eyes and blonde hair, just darling!! Looks like a very fun party, I am sure your little girl will remember it for a long time :)

Laurie said...

P.S. your hubby is a cutie :) if you don't mind me sayin...

Emily said...

My goodness, that is a party dream. I can't believe how gorgeous it all is! You are a true artist.

Entwined Essentials said...

My goodness, I only wish I could do something that beautiful for my little girl. It looks like it was so much fun! Happy Birthday to your little Amelie!!!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday to your little big girl! The party looks beautiful -- I must admit that I miss the days when my children were little and I did the themed birthdays --

patty said...

lovely tea party! beautiful touches...

Joy said...

What a great party. I am in the planning stages of a party similar to yours and I am going to have it in my hobby room from http://roomstogrowusa.web12.hubspot.com/hobbyrooom/. It just gets to hot here in the summer to have one outside.

Marci said...

i want that party...good night nurse...that was beautiful.
what a lucky little one you have.

Jeanne said...

What an adorable party April! I just love the pedestals you made for the petite fours with the upside down cups topped with saucers!
xo
jeanne

Ellen Bourdier said...

where can I find the invitations?