Friday, May 04, 2012

i got nothin


I'm having one of those really odd weeks where I don't have much to say.

I mean imagine it, me, not having much to say. Freaky really.

But I wanted to check in. I want to share my artistic adventures of the week, but alas, I cannot share them yet.  The powers that be need to see them first.

I want to tell you that I have a new little niece on the way and I simply can't wait to get my hands on her.

I want to connect with you in some way.  Here are ten things about me. I like these lists when other people do them.

1.  I like Peppa Pig and Charley and Lola but I hate- HATE, all other kid shows.

2.  I eat granola, yogurt and fruit every morning.

3.  I love the sound of a torch lighting.

4.  Grasshoppers scare the hell out of me.

5.  I am selfish with my time. I am trying to get better about this.

6.  I love making friends with people very different from myself.  I love diversity.

7.  I'm a collector.

8.  I'm not a morning person but I don't like sleeping in either.

9.  I used to read all the time. Now I hardly ever read and I work on art all the time.

10.  I believe that running and cycling (or any repetitive cardio activity) can put your brain into a certain meditative state where ideas flow freely and inspiration comes easier. 

4 comments:

Cathe Holden said...

Great list- so fun to know you better! I'm with you on the lack of love for kid's shows. The only one I was ever really fond of was Little Bear. (I aspired to be just like Mother Bear.)
Have a wonderful weekend April : )

Elizabeth said...

I've missed you and enjoyed these slivers of you -- thank you for posting!

Natalie said...

i am right with you on the grasshopper and kid show thing: charlie & lola and disney movies (not tv, but movies) are all my kids are allowed to watch because i cannot handle anything else. you say you like friends who are different from you but girl, i swear if we knew each other we would be friends for all the points that we feel similar on. oh and your instagram workout disclosure is so inspirational -- way to go! wish i could say that i've been that good since january -- the loss of that amount of poundage would be spectacular in my life.

pina69 said...

Ohhhh it is quite ensuring that over the big sea (atlantic) you experience the same feelings this week.....i am speechless and out of energy to do all the 265 things that spring to my mind in the morning! well an hour later those 265 great ideas have defeated me. At least i can blame the full moon troubling my hand brake release...
Cristina