Wednesday, March 21, 2012

the workshops: pop art panels

Thank you to all of you who have already signed up for Prospector Artisan Workshops!

We are so excited to meet everyone and spend a fun couple of days together.

I will be sharing a little more about each class for the next few Wednesdays. I decided to start with mine because I know that some people will look at these paintings and feel like they need to be able to draw to participate in this project. I'm here to tell you, I did not hand sketch any of these portraits. They were made using a process of transferring different aspects of the image to the canvas.


I am really excited about these projects. I am a big fan of Shepard Fairey. I think he is the Andy Warhol of today. I developed a way to immulate his style with my own artistic twist.


This class is going to get messy, just the way I like it.  Students will learn several different techniques for creating texture and "aging" their canvas.  We will lightly cover topics like color theory and composition. But mostly we will be getting the paint on the canvas and probably our hands too.


I want to do these portraits of all of my children. I am looking for just the right photo of each child that shows their personality.


I'm really hoping other people love this style of art as much as I do. It is fun and light-hearted and anyone can do it.

Promise.



Help us spread the word? Grab our badge.


Secondsister Workshops

No comments: