Tuesday, February 01, 2011

imaginary friends


I wish I knew this family.

I wish I knew their names and what city they live in and what they like to eat for breakfast.

I don't read the blog. I can't read Japanese. But I look at the photos everyday. And I wish I could know them.  I wish they were our good family friends.


I want to know the ages of their sons. Are they Irish twins like my babies?




I want to know how the mom and dad meet. And what he loves most about her.





Does she kiss her babies over and over like I do?  Is she addicted to the smell of their hair the way I am?





Do the grandparents live far?  Why don't they have pets? Allergies?  What do they like to do on Sunday afternoons? Do they like living in the city? Do they want more children?


I long to know these people who live so very far away, and yet their life seems so similar to mine, they could live down the street.

9 comments:

Apryl said...

Love the pictures. Yep, I am hooked, just as easily as I got hooked on your fam! Love ya!

Laurie said...

How sweet are those children! Thanks for sharing...

The Stouts said...

Such cute children! google will translate the pages for you. the sentence structure is a little hard to decipher, but it is nice to have words with the pictures

Emily said...

I LOVE this! I want to know them too!

lorie said...

So sweet.

Hi Octane Jewelry said...

Great shots, If you use Google chrome as your browser you can turn the translate option on and it helps to makes sense of the pages. I use it all the time although, I don't think it is 100% accurate. Try it see what you think..

Ai said...

Hi, I was googling "Anthropologie knob" and randomly found your site. I'm Japanese and translated their profile page(http://hal.petit.cc/grape1/).

About Hamada family
Live in Sakai-city, Osaka
The website contains photos of Hamada family's everyday life.

Dad:Hideaki Hamada born on Jan 18th,1977
Mom:Chizuru Hamada born on Aug 21th, 1980
Old Brother:Haru Hamada born on Oct 5th, 2005
Little Brother:Mina Hamada born on Dec 13th, 2007

Dad works as a musician. Here is his band website.(http://songbird.cc/about/)

His camera info
Pentax 67II, Asahi Pentax 6x7
SMC Takumar 6x7 105mm F2.4
SMC Takumar 6x7 90mm F2.8
SMC PENTAX 67 75mm F2.8 AL

He has a facebook account(http://www.facebook.com/hamadahideaki), so you could be their friend...? It seems like he has all twitter, flickr, myspace account as well.

I wasn't sure if you really wanted to know about them because sometimes wondering and imagining things are fun and you don't wanna know what they are... He doesn't really describe who they are in his site. Basically, he tells what his children did or how nice the weather was...and so on, so I hope you still enjoy his photos!!

Dasha said...

well, someone wrote that before me,but anyway... If you use Google chrome browser, you can translate pages even in Japanese or Chinese. It is not great translation, but it helps to get the main idea. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Ai! I tried to translate the pages but I could never get as much info as you have given me! Thanks so much.