Saturday, December 04, 2010

just some complaining


I've been sick for like a billion days. I don't think I'll ever breath through my right nostril again.  My head might just split open and spill out all my good ideas that I will never be able to do because I will never be well ever again. Ever.

In other news, I've been quite productive with my computer as I lay here on my death bed.  I did a blog design.  I organized all my folders.  I made myself a new wallpaper for my iPhone.  I did not: do the laundry, pick up the house, comb my hair or put on deodorant.

And there is this glimmer of holiday cheer: the doctor prescribed me cough syrup with codeine.  Codeine.  I know I shouldn't be as happy about this as I am. But it brings me visions of sugar plumbs when I sleep.

Sleep is a rare commodity around here.

8 comments:

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

iknow how you feel, I'm suffering too :(
Get well soon,
Julie xx

Sharon said...

Just so you know, I am saving your post so that the next time I am sick, I can explain it so elegantly!! :) oh yeah-and cough syrup with codine is my very best friend...here's to a good night's sleep!

Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry and hope that you feel well soon.

Laurie said...

It's cold season in our house too, my nose has been blocked forever, so I spray some nasal stuff in it, then it runs like crazy and now it's all chapped and sore...right now it's snowing, feels good to go outside, clears the nose a little, I do hope you feel better soon...:)

Unknown said...

I just got over the same thing! Yuck! Hope you feel better soon!

www.shannyruns.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this. I feel like I've been sick FOREVER. Hubby jokes that I'm dying of consumption. I'm so sick of coughing!

Jennifer said...

you know you are REALLY sick when they prescribe that! That stuff is heaven when you are ill! Hope you feel better soon!

Jen said...

Ugh - it sounds like you've got what I've had for what feels like FOREVER! And yes, I know we shouldn't be as happy about codeine cough syrup as such, but how can we NOT be...after hacking up our lungs night after night for weeks on end? LOL! Hope you feel better soon. I got my meds yesterday, and I think the antibiotics are already kicking in, thank goodness!!!