Thursday, December 16, 2010

12 days


Let me make one thing clear. I'm not a scrapbooker.  I have many uber talented friends in the scrapbook world.  They are designers and artists and trendsetters and I love the things they do. But I'm not a scrapbooker.

The Boy's baby book has yet to be put together.  The Bird and Frankie have little to no hope of having their books ever even started.

Ey. It's a sad state of affairs.

But over the Thanksgiving holiday I spent a day with one of my most favorite people in the world who also happens to be a maven in the scrapbook world.

You've heard me talk about Margie before.  She has several lines of paper and embellishments on the market.  She teaches all over the world.  And she's freakin' hilarious.

We spent the afternoon together in her cottage crafting and she let me loose on all her scrapbooking supplies. And let me tell ya, that's some good times.

We made The 12 days of Christmas memory books.


Now that my book is finished, I am so happy she motivated me to do this.  It is going to be a special year for our family. We have all of our children here. We will celebrate Christmas as a complete family.


I want to remember this year.  The year I bought my daughter a baby doll and my son a Lego set.  The year we have two babies to play in the wrapping paper.  My life is hectic, but I realize that my children will be grown before I know it.  I want to remember them exactly as they are this year.

I gave each child their own page in our memory book.  I'm going to write what I love about them this Christmas around their photo.



Thanks Margie for inspiring me.  I know I'm a beginner, but you always make me feel like I'm just as good as you.

As if.


I'm dying to get the photos taken and into my book.  I know it will be a treasure when my kids are grumpy teenagers that just want money for Christmas.

I also want to wish a very happy birthday to the most wonderful person ever born. My husband.

Dearest,
I could go on and on about how much I love you and why you are the perfect person for me, but I know you. And I know what you really want to hear is that I think you are one sexy specimen of a man and I will ravish you when you get home.  So there you have it. So let it be written, so let it be done.


Come home early.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

LOVE your book April!! You are so lucky to have a friend like Margie that let you get into all her yummy scrapping stuff! As an obsessed scrapbooker, I was just thinking today that I am going to make a Christmas album, now your post has inspired me to get moving and do it, when my little guy goes to nap, that's just what I am going to do...

Jen said...

YIKES! I do say!! Come home early for shizell! You are totally gonna make his birthday one to remember young lady!!! Good for you! The album is TDF!

Pattie said...

What a great friend you have :) It's my babies first Christmas and I just might have to do some sort of keepsake!

Styme123 said...

Such beautiful work! What creativity.

tollestrupfamily said...

Lucky Ben - Lucky April?

margie said...

love love love...
i want to see every page...
it looks like a whole lotta goodness in there...
LOVED having you crafting with me in my home...
LOVE you sister...
kiss kiss
m
ps what's mine...
is yours!