Thursday, November 04, 2010

buttercup...


I had this professor in college. His name was Candidari Sheshishari. And I have no idea if I just spelled that right.  Dr. Sheshishari taught English literature, Shakespeare to be exact. He was all of five feet tall with no hair on his head but plenty to spare tufting out of his ears.

Dr. Sheshishari was a delightful little man with a thick accent and a big heart.  He is the one professor that stands out in my mind. He hated, I mean hated, store  bought cards.  It seems that every lecture somehow circled around to the fact that if you have something to say to someone, you should write it yourself.  He would rattle off simple love poems to encourage us to wax poetic to our loved one.  Every example started with "Buttercup...".

Me thinks he must have called his wife this in their tender moments.  

And although I learned a lot from Dr. Sheshishari, and I do write sweet nothings to my Buttercup, I have decided that buying cards isn't a crime. 

I am creating a few cards for Moselle complete with sentiments.  However,  the "Buttercup" card will come blank in his honor.

They will be available for purchase very soon. I'll keep you posted.



***********************************

Update: His name is spelled Candadai Seshachari and here he is:

Love that little guy.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This is sweet.

I had a professor in college named Mahmoud Mahmoud. I totally couldn't find him when I googled.

Jeanette said...

looks like he took a trimmer to those ears. :)
looking forward to seeing the cards!