Thursday, May 20, 2010

envy

Little Specimen

I'm not a butterfly girl per say. I'm not a heart girl either. You can keep your sweet little hearts thank you very much. I won't be needing them on my clothing or anywhere in my house.

But lately, well lately, I've been a little fascinated (is that the right word?) by these winged creatures. They keep popping up in everything I create. I think it might boil down to envy.

Just watch a butterfly as it flits about your garden. They are so carefree, light and graceful.

For a girl with her feet firmly on the ground (surrounded by laundry) it seems impossible to ever be so blithe.

Butterfly Necklace

So I will continue to create my little butterflies and maybe if I work hard enough and long enough, someday I will be an old grandma on a porch and when a butterfly flutters by I will be able to say that I am as carefree as he.

7 comments:

MMW said...

envy...for sure. every time i read your blog i wish you were in my ward...or even better...that you lived next door to me...or even best yet...that you were really related to me (sister in law, cousin, aunt, but a real sister would be best...)

i envy all the people are blessed to have you in their REAL non-blogging existence.

and pretty necklace too...

xoxo MMW

RiNNE said...

Yikes! You make me wish I was buying this instead of the circus necklace!! Gorgeous necklace!!!!

anna said...

This is FABULOUS!!!

Elizabeth said...

So beautiful. And I've heard more than once, that butterflies are the souls of those we've lost, visiting.

margie said...

this is a beauty...
love love love...
kiss kiss
m

Hilary said...

I was in kindergarten watching the kids color butterflies the other day and I was wishing I could color butterflies.
Maybe I should wish that I had a life....

Courtney @ Scraps and Scribbles said...

Lovely necklace, lovely blog. Can't believe I'm just recently finding you.

I wanted to share this with you: http://scrapsnscribs.blogspot.com/2010/05/i-guess-this-means.html