Monday, April 26, 2010

lydia

My mother taught me the magic of paper dolls. I've loved them ever since I was little. At one time I had a set of Shirley Temple paper dolls. Oh how I would love to know where they went.

I decided to do a series of my own paper dolls. And I think I will share them here, for those of you out there that love them as well. They make a great quiet activity for a little girl who must occupy herself during church or in a waiting room. Being quiet can be pretty difficult sometimes.

I can't wait until Birdie is old enough to
play with paper dolls instead of ripping their heads off and eating their clothes.

Lydia Paper Doll



I am sending Lydia to my niece with a box of crayons and a pair of child safe scissors.

You will need some good white card stock. I like to copy my dolls off so that they are about four inches tall.

I plan to post a doll every month, but don't hold me to it. Things are a little ify around here lately.

6 comments:

rebekah said...

i love this! and can't wait to see your next doll!

Anonymous said...

oh I had such a love for paper dolls as a young girl...more so than any other kind of doll

mmmm day dreaming now......

Jessa said...

Those are fabulous.

Sunshine and Shadows said...

We spent hours playing paper dolls. They were the best kind of dolls - even better than
Barbie.

Molly said...

I adore paper dolls! I love yours! Can't wait to see the next one! I used to have books upon books of paper dolls and me and sister would organize their outfits and let them go on dates, hehe:) Are we allowed to copy these? I am helping my friend at church with her grandchildren and I know her two granddaughters would love these. Might make their day since they are transitioning from a few states away to live with her. Hope you are having a great week!!!
~Molly P

Cindy at LottieBird said...

I loved paper dolls, too. I especially loved making them. That's what made me want to be a fashion designer.
Years later I was given a box of paper dolls created by my birth grandmother when she was a young girl. She was a fashion designer. Fabulous.
Your daughter will love these... in time!