Tuesday, January 19, 2010

cloudy with a chance of blogging

The sky broke open and the rain is coming down. It is dark and quiet in my house. The baby is nestled down under the covers in her crib. I'm listening to Lissie while I work in my art room. The hound dog is sleeping at my feet and he only stirs to lift his head when the dryer buzzes.


I started to work on an article that I was asked to write about infertility, but I decided a rainy day isn't conducive to the hopeful feeling I wish to convey.


What does one say the infertile?


What is there to say anyway?


Why is rain inherently sad when it should be just the opposite? Rain makes everything grow. It gives life.


Today I want to think about rolling green fields, not barren wastelands.

1 comment:

clare b said...

I lurve this music. So perfect for a rainy day. It is drizzling here as well. Which certainly beats the 40C (104F) we've had for the past 3 days in a row. Thank you for sharing :)