Tuesday, April 14, 2009

peace

For those of you out there, waiting to exhale, let it go. Let it all out and breath deep the sweet air of today.

I'm sorry to keep you waiting.

Last weekend will go down as one of the best in our life.

The when, where and what to wear of our meeting ended up to be very inconsequential. As is turns out, we have known this girl for ages. She is family.

She is a pint sized American sweetheart. She's a pink beach cruiser on the boardwalk, a vintage JuicyFruit commercial, the girl next door that all the boys plan to marry some day.

Did you know that peace is the only emotion that Satan can't duplicate? He's got love and happiness down pat. He can fool you into believing just about anything, but peace, well, he can't touch it.

As I sat across the table from our birth mom, I was wrapped in peace. I know she was chosen to carry our child. I know that we are bound together by forces we may not understand until we die. I know that I will love her, and her family until I take my last breath and beyond.

These are tough times for so many people right now. I feel a little guilty for our happiness. I feel like a child with a huge lollipop while the other children look on. I want to share my sweetness with everyone. I want everyone to take a big lick and know that God is good. Miracles happen. Hang onto your faith and work towards peace in your life.



Here's a few pics from Mayberry (a.k.a. North Ogden):











15 comments:

Kiera said...

I have a lollipop of my own!!! I am keeping in in my pocket for a few more days but boy does it want to just burst out!!!
I am so grateful you had such a wonderful weekend filled with sweet memories of the Spirit!

Heather said...

You brought tears to my eyes! It is amazing to see the hand of the Lord in our lives. We each have our moments of feeling forgotten... but then we get reminded He has a plan. Congrats to you and your sweet family. You deserve this precious blessing!

Jill said...

I am SO glad it went so well. I knew it would! When you get all unpacked and have a moment to breath, call me so I can hear even more of the details. I couldn't be happier! Enjoy each and every moment of this. And you're right ... this past weekend will be something that you will treasure forever.

Love you lots!

Michelle Springer said...

I am so glad it went well! Is it wrong that I still want to know what you wore?! :)

Jeanette said...

I am very happy for you. Can't wait to see how the story unfolds....thanks so much for sharing. Your posts are inspiring.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you didn't keep us waiting too long. I couldn't take it. What a blessing to feel that connection. Everything has a plan and a purpose. Just be guided by the spirit and you will not be led to anywhere else but the peaceful feeling that you have partaken of.

Julie said...

whew!! Just talked to Ben and it does feel good to exhale! We love you and knew birth mom would, too. Talk to you soon.

Lynnae said...

I'm so happy that things went well for you!

K and/or K said...

God is good! I am tearing up again! I seriously love reading your story and your perspective--it is food for the soul!

Elizabeth said...

!!!!!

Mama Marks said...

am so happy for you and your (growing!) family April. your joy is wonderful to read. looking forward to the next chapters xxx

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Fabulous story!! May you and your family always be blessed! Happy Spring to all!

Nash said...

i know a little about what you mean.
we LOVE the family that adopted my sister's baby 3 years ago. those emotions you shared about having known her all along. we felt that the couple looked and seemed so familiar to us.
we keep in touch through blogs and have gotten together once. it's wonderful. it helped my sister so much (who is about to have her own baby anyday).
congrats.

3 Peas Designs said...

So happy for you and your family! Just thought I would let you know I mentioned your shop in my latest post of favorite things. Check it out when you get a chance.

Unknown said...

Oh, that beautiful first meeting...I remember all of them...like it was yesterday. It still amazes me how God created our families to be tied together forever and how only He could grant such amazing peace during the journey. Beautiful, simply beautiful!

I had to giggle at the similarities of our families. Our long awaited first born...a son. Our miracle #2...a daughter through open domestic adoption AND a precious miracle daughter from China! All you need is a sweet son through open domestic adoption AND a surprise daughter through open domestic adoption...LOL!!!! Hey, God works in mysterious ways...#5 came while waiting for #4 (our daughter from China). hehehehe...

Precious blog, precious family...I'm excited to have found you (from Tracy/Junk Posse's site)

Blessings and best wishes...can't wait to see your sweet princess in your arms!!!