Friday, April 10, 2009

blessed are the curious

Tomorrow is going to be a memorable day for our family. Tomorrow we meet the amazing girl who is granting us our hearts desire. I am so curious to see her in person. I am curious to see how I feel in her presence. I hope I don't burst into tears and do the ugly cry the entire time.
Wish me luck.

I am equally curious to see what our daughter is going to look like. Will she have light or dark hair? Will she look like me? (Don't be skeptical. It happens more often than you'd think.)


Personally, I hope she looks just like her birth mom who is a classic American beauty.

Tracy Raver is a photographer in Omaha Nebraska. I never thought I'd wish I still lived there, but Tracy makes it tempting. I'd love to have her photograph our little sweetpea. Her sister (see pic in previous post) also does infant photography.

If you are wondering what to get the baby who already has everything (sorry girls, I just can't help myself) there is always a little knitted munkin hat or swaddler used in these pictures available through Mad About Color.

I feel like I am stepping into our future this weekend. It is supposed to be raining and overcast in Utah, but everything looks bright to me.

7 comments:

Sherri said...

How exciting! I know... a little stressful, but the birth mother is going to love you!

The baby pictures are adorable! And the site to buy the hats... makes my heart melt!

PS~ CC has my same hair color. What are the chances... 2 redheads! :) I love red heads!!!

Jill said...

Can't wait to hear ALL about it! I just wish you were driving here so you could stop by on your way.

I'm sending lots of love and good wishes your way!

stacy di said...

good luck. how exciting!! I was adopted as a baby {40-ish years ago}...at a time when adoptions were closed. I think it's absolutely wonderful that you get to meet your baby's birth mom. sending you lots of good wishes.

...those baby photos are amazing. very sweet.

delilah s. dawson said...

Best wishes for your magical weekend!

(delilah at www.unrulyhelpmeet.com, who found you through carrie at brightcaroline.blogspot.com. it's a small etsy world.)

clare b said...

Can't wait to hear how the weekend went - what you wore, what she was like. ... everything. Do tell all!

Julie from Hungary said...

Oh, hope you had a great time, can't wait to read your next post!!

For Petesakes said...

Hey, Congrats! I am so excited for you guys! I read your post about the photographer and wanted to tell you about a geat one that we went to school with. Her maiden name was Heather Williams and is Heather Mickey now. Her link is http://heathermickey.com/?load=flash she does amazing work.