Sunday, October 05, 2008

anything pumpkin

Warning: If you are on a diet quickly click to here. You shouldn't see what's ahead.

I love Fall. I love how everything is back to business after the Summer season. I love how schools are in full gear, children are out on the field at soccer practice, parents are coaxed into remembering all the state capitols and how to do algebra in an effort to help with homework. And yet there is a certain quietness about it. A stillness, that is the calm before the Winter storm of the Holidays. And there is comfort. Comfort found in a soft blanket on a rainy day. Comfort in being back on schedule and most of all, comfort food.

I love the foods of this season more than any other. Squash and nuts and heirloom tomatoes. Crisp apples and artisan breads. Carmel and taffy and licorice. And pumpkin. Anything pumpkin.



I will be making my yearly batch of pomegranate jelly in a few weeks. It is a process, but well worth the work.

If you would like to try your hand at jelly making- invest in this little kit by Ball. It will make it a ton easier for you as a beginner.

You still have today to enter to win Friday's giveaway. I have three little monsters that will go to three different homes. Just leave a comment.

10 comments:

Maggie said...

I should have listened to your warning- that bread in the top left hand corner of the montage looks yummy!

High Desert Diva said...

Pomegranate jelly sounds divine.



I, too, am the second sister.

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures.

-- maria-thérèse
www.afiori.com

cpullum said...

Wow nice Blog!!!
Please enter me!
Carla

Anonymous said...

I love pumpkin anything too. I need to make some mufins asap. great blog.

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

Bonjour April! Thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comments about my art and my new Etsy store! Your blog is absolutely deliciously lovely and your little creatures adorably mischieviously great! Love them! Will come and visit again, please do so too! Take care, LuLu

Unknown said...

wow these are really delicious and tempting!

Cathe Holden said...

I wish you were my neighbor and I could taste that pomegranate jelly of yours. Because I’ll bet you’d share. Your blog is lots of fun. I'm going back now to read more!

Natalie Hutchison Belnap said...

You make fall seem so magical! I should have come to visit just a week later so I could have helped with the deco. I love Halloweeen! Well I miss you Meekers and days without homework/work. Thanks again for letting me live the "good life", even if only for a few days.

Free Art Printables said...

I love these fall things. I love pumpkin stuff too. Thanks for joining in on the party!