Sunday, August 31, 2008

lau, ana lapule

I've been absolutely drooling over this chandelier for some time now. It would look great in my guest bedroom. I just can't justify spending $1,400 on a light for a room that only gets used a few weeks out of the year.


The quilts I have seen here are absolutely amazing. Quilting was introduced to the women of Hawaii in the 1820’s by visiting missionary women and from these teachings, the women of Hawaii adapted their own techniques. The patterns used represent the bread fruit and other island flora. I would love to buy one. A truly Hawaiian made quilt costs anywhere between $150 to $2000. You can find knocks offs made in China and the Philippines for a lot cheaper, but who wants that? Maybe next trip.

Our plane leaves tonight at ten. I'll catch you all on the flip side.


Lau, ana lapule translates to design Sunday.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

That looks so fun!

MelancholySmile said...

Oooh, that quilt is lovely! Of course, I'm on a little black, white and green kick right now, so that may be part of it. Hope the trip was wonderful!